Monday 8 March 2010

Growing Pains

I have decided to make Blueberry Fool bigger.

Someone who shall remain nameless has been badgering me to do it.

Yesterday was far too cold to go outside and play at being lumberjacks (which The Old One and I had been playing at most of last week), so I got the chores done, cut up some more blue strips and got piecing.

Voila

and it is still growing.

The following photos are for Finn who is fed up with winter and the cold and needs cheering up. 




Little Miss Violet showing her shy self again.







 




Madame Daffodil braving the cold and coming out to give some much needed colour







and last, but not least. Is this a sign that Spring is really on its way?


HUGE buds on the cherry tree.
I just hope the minus temperatures and bitterly cold north easterly wind we are experiencing at the moment doesn't kill this lot off.


5 comments:

shellysquilts said...

I love this Blueberry quilt. I hope spring finds you soon. Happy quilting!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love it, Clare. so much fun to look at!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh great additions to your quilt! That *someone* was right ;)

Marit said...

It is lovely, Clare. I hope I didn't fool you out of the nice blocks you sent me. They are now sewn into something else...

; )

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have three daffodils showing their color but yet open ... and the buds on our trees/bushes are swelling daily. Spring is MOST WELCOME this year!!!

Love that blueberry project.