Wednesday 5 September 2007

WiP Wednesday 05-09-2007

Yawn - someone pass the matchsticks please - my eyes need propping open.

06.30 am alarm clocks going off in different parts of the house. Alex out of bed and in the shower before I had even opened my eyes!

Anyway, back to the subject matter. Look what I did yesterday!

HPIM1257


This is the fourth quilt. It is being made for a little boy in the US. His name is Dylan, he's 7 years old and he is going through a bit of a rough time at the moment. He has an infection in his ports and was operated on yesterday.

I am sending the top, flimsy or whatever you want to call it, with some of the backing that Jenni and Margaret sent and its label to Dylan's aunt - Judy in Pierce City.

To find out whose block is whose, you will have to wait a bit. I'll post the contributors on the Quilts 4 Leukaemia blog later, after I've put the other 3 borders on.

A couple of hours respite and then pages and pages of forms to fill in and books to cover. I don't know why they do this. Every year they give everyone exactly the same forms to fill in as they did the year before. Why can't they get computerised? I'll have writer's cramp by the end of the day!

7 comments:

Lily said...

Well done and good luck with all those forms. Love how the French is starting to appear more often in your posts!

nicolette said...

Wonderful quilt again!

Cheri said...

I had to get a visa renewed when I lived in France in 1980. They needed 3 copies and they copied the info by hand three times!!

Such a nice quilt. You know who's getting the quilt when you make it? I do a lot of Project Linus quilts, but I never know who gets them.

debbi said...

Outstanding quilt!

Bobby (UK) said...

Beautiful quilt Clare - and Alex, of course! Just to let you know Sophie started school yesterday - her picture was in our evening paper. She looked so happy to be back with her friends. You are doing a wonderful job!

idahospud said...

Oh, I love that! What a lovely group effort!

Found you via a link from your post on my website--now you get bookmarked for regular visits. I love your blog!

irene vernon said...

Hi there Clare - I am Irene from

-LVeF@yahoogroups.com

you asked if I could do a block to send to you-can you please forward to me your snail mail address.

Irene Vernon uk