Monday 16 July 2007

Fabric, Fabric, Fabric

No I haven't been buying. Sticking firmly to the No Fabric regime.


Yesterday was a gorgeous, hot day. Makes a change after the foul weather we've been having since May. Pool was cleaned on Saturday and is now a glittering blue instead of mushy pea green.

We had the option of a vide greniers at Le Rochebeaucourt or a proper brocante at Brantome. DH and I opted for the latter. Didn't really fancy traipsing up and down lines of tat!

I then remembered that Tonya had asked if DH could pretend to have a heart attack so I could take pictures of the fabric from Senegal hanging outside the fossil shop. I talked about it in June. So I grabbed the camera on my way out. Glad I did.

I think this picture is very Covered Porches. I thought of her when I took it.


Brantome Brocante


I love the dummy on the left at the back and the cushions on the sofa.


It amazes me the prices people charge for things. Has anyone seen the huge clock faces made in plastic and battery operated? They are made to look old and sort of station clock ish. There were 2 for sale yesterday. One was 95 Euro and the other wasn't even priced!!

Here is the fabric outside the fossil shop


Fabric


 



I've got too much to do at the moment so quilting has had to take a back seat. However, I have got a nasty niggly, guilty feeling about Quilts 4 Leukaemia so will have to pull the box out, have a rummage through all those beautiful blocks and design the next quilt.

 

5 comments:

Tonya R said...

ooh, thanks for the pics. that fabric looks lovely and shiny. Iknow what you mean about those clocks - I'd love to have one (not plastic) but not at those prices (which means there's no way I'll ever have one).

Ravelly1 said...

I too, am not buying fabric for the time being. I really need to sew from my stash. LOL

Lily said...

But I've been buying ;)

Love the dressmaker's dummy too. Watched a bit of the TdF last night. God I wish I was there!

Siobhan said...

The pics are great. I am jealous of the sunshine! If I love a fabric I am still buying but I have started to make a dent in the stash. (mostly from making backs for the quilts!)

Rosemary said...

Wow,
I can't believe that you found me via France. I'm very impressed.
Beautiful Bride, and wedding pictures.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Rosemary