Sunday 16 April 2006

Mental Block Blockage!

Happy Easter everyone. Yesterday was just one of those days! I just couldn't make seams match, the sewing machine wouldn't behave itself, the material went into sulk mode and wouldn't do as it was told and I sewed, unpicked, sewed, unpicked for most of the day. Finally at about 6.30 pm I sewed for the last time. It still isn't perfect and will probably unravel itself at some point, but I'd had enough by then. But in the middle of the night I woke with a start and the beginnings of a new quilt design in my head. Funny how your subconscious keeps on going even though you are fast asleep. Graph paper and crayon time. Oh and Puter had a severe talking to and, as you can see, is working perfectly. No need for medical examination :) One bit of good news yesterday. My lovely Mum rang and she is hoping to get out on Eurostar over the next month or two. Haven't seen her since big family wedding last June and am really looking forward to having her to myself.

1 comment:

Serena Smith said...

Isn't that frusterating when the machine doesn't want to cooperate and nothing seems to be going right on the project you are working on!! I usually end up putting it away for a while and then coming back to it later. Unless of course, I'm on a last minute deadline! I hate those, but they seem to happen frequently! :-)

Serena
www.embtreasures.com/blog.htm