Tuesday 10 June 2008

Expo Patch 24 - Part I

Les Services culturels de l'Ambassade des Etats-Unis d'Amerique en France


présentent


Un Patchwork de Cultures


Une exposition itinérante de la Louisane vers la France



HPIM3293


HPIM3270



HPIM3269

HPIM3271

HPIM3272


HPIM3273


HPIM3274


HPIM3275


HPIM3278


HPIM3277









These are from the "American" Exhibition.



There are more of the "24" Expo which I'll post over the coming days.  Some fantastic scrap quilts and houses too.  The appliqué on some of them is just ........................................

7 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

Oh I LOVE that freestyle quilt! (4th pic from the bottom)

domoshar said...

These are really beautiful!
The 4-th from bottom, just mentioned in the previous comment, looks like jewelry box. And the quilt above it is like an old old book. Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

Very cool, thanks for posting these. That pop-out fleur de lis done with stippling is really something. Don't think I'd ever do that, but it's neat!

Clare said...

My favorite, as you have probably gathered, is the big one, A Tribute to La Fayette. As soon as I walked into the room it grabbed me. My second favourite is the freestyle Africa quilt.

Stay tuned - there are more to come in this category and then we go onto the local ones.

Who likes witches?

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Super quilts! Keep the pics coming.

Tonya R said...

A quilt show? wheee! I love witches, I love witches!

Tracey said...

Enjoyed this, Clare...and I am loving the crazy houses1 Tracey