Friday 28 September 2007

M = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm seeing M's in my sleep.

When I shut my eyes M's flicker across my eye lids.

I' m being driven mad by M's!

So I gave in.

The letters were getting bigger and bigger as I got more and more confident in my cutting (I really must concentrate on Making Quilts 4 Me).

Yesterday afternoon ToM's m was discarded and replaced by what was supposed to be a W but was cut the wrong way wound (oh my goodness - now it's W's!).

Tamzins Quilt


ToM's m looked so small and sorry for itself. Now he has got a nice big strong M.

Thanks all of you for your comments and advice, but as you can see, it did really have to be replaced. Poor little orphan M - oh stop it - you're going to make me cry (sniff).

You will be pleased to know that I'm not going to show this quilt again until it's f inished. Boring, boring boring seeing photos of the same quilt on, every post *vbg*.

And on that note - it's Périgueux time - perhaps a trip to the thread shop.

10 comments:

Tazzie said...

Your letters are looking wonderful Clare, you're really flying along!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

joyce said...

Looking good! I have a drawer full of unused letters. Maybe someday they will speak to me. Lol.

Hedgehog said...

It's never boring to see a WIP! Happy thread-shopping!

debbi said...

Do your "M"s have wings? I will be looking for the finished quilt at a later date.

cher said...

enjoyed your post and seeing your letter progress- keep having fun!

Lily said...

Well done Clare! (It would have driven me mad too!)

Hedgehog said...

Never bored with seeing the updates!!!

Helen in the UK said...

This is so much fun! Hope those Ms and Ws let you sleep in peace tonight :)

Lucy Locket said...

I know what you mean about awkward letters! Glad you could sort it out. Lucy x

Holly said...

I don't think it's boring... I like seeing the progress. Your letters are fantastic.