Thursday 23 June 2011

Round Two Squares

I've sewn, I've ripped, sewn again, ripped again.

I started with the idea of adding blue squares for the next round to bring the centre block out.  I had what I thought were loads left over from Blueberry Fool, but sadly there weren't enough to go round.  So I ripped that lot out and started again.

Again the other idea (lots of tiny 9 patches) didn't look right.

I then found these squares sent to me by Marit at Quilt It some time ago.  I chopped them about a bit, then fitted them together again with black in between.  Hence the wacky, wonky look.


Round 3 hasn't been published yet so in the meantime I'm going to add another black border and then perhaps an orange one and hopefully that will point me in the right direction for the next round.

In the meantime, hot news here at Chez Nous.

The resin cast is off!  The ankle hurts like hell and pain killers are the order of the day.  No physio has been prescribed, just lots and lots of walking.  In the meantime, I'm hobbling about, but at least I can get outside and potter about in the potager.

More soon.


5 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes, round and round she goes until it's in a square!!! Looks and sounds like you are on the right track with it, it's looking great!!

Glad the cast is off, you will be back in good form before you know it!!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Hope that that ankle gets better soon. I love the medallion quilt--so much fun

Magpie Sue said...

Hi Claire,

Hope the ankle is feeling better these days. I've got to change my settings for the Liberated Yahoo group so I can do a better job of keeping up. This RR looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare, thank you for the visit.
I love your blog. Noticed we have similar motto on the headboard. Mine reads: "Striving for perfection kills the spirit".
Nice to find you!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Everything is looking really, really great!