Thursday 16 April 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I've been to 3, possibly 4, quilt shows/expos, but nothing like the ones I've read about where there are stalls overflowing with notions, fabrics and books, not to mention quilts of every size and description. The local ones are typically French - lots of hand piecing, hand quilting and gorgeous hand appliqué - and nothing else. Just showcases. It is my dream to one day get to Houston, or even Paducah. So imagine my delight when I hopped over to Nicolette's new blog this morning and found this. I've copied the image that Amy put on her blog and added it to my sidebar (top left). I've already decided what quilt I'm going to show and you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see which one it is. In the meantime, a little bit of progress on Family Trees.
(Sorry. Not a brilliant photo. Light was dreadful)
This has been like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. It's got a mind of it's own and won't do what I want it to do, hence the orange strip bottom right. Goodness only knows why it is there, but it is! The top in two halves at the moment. I'm hoping to get them sewn together today and will then make a start on the border. A demain .......

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It is so inspiring how you create a quilt...you just let the creative process guide you even when it doesn't make logical sense, and you trust that there is a reason, and it will all come together! Love it!

Magpie Sue said...

Dag nab it! I'm not getting my RSS feeds for some reason and I'm missing out on posts!

Love how your family quilt is developing. Great choice for the Bloggers Quilt Festival too! I didn't catch the part about showing a quilt we'd made - oh well.