Friday 13 March 2009

Printemps peut-être?

Remember this from last year?
Violets
Timid Mademoiselle Violet
I've been looking back through the archives in the Wordpress blog and found this entry. It was 22 February and the sun was out. On 21 March I was bemoaning the fact that it was grey, miserable and HORRID! The violets have been out for about a week, which goes to show that either we are about 2 weeks behind schedule, or on time! The forecast for the next 5 days is sun sun sun. Who mentioned paint brushes?

7 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I remember when I was very little, we lived in Canada, in the country. In the spring, I would search for the violets.

Magpie Sue said...

We've actually had sun the last couple of days! It's been COLD, but sunny!

Lily Mulholland said...

Ahem, re previous post, I hardly think you're lazy Clare! Who needs French paint anyway!

Yay for Spring. Leaves are turning here.

Anonymous said...

Stuff the painting, enjoy the sunshine and garden.

You can paint the next time it rains,

GG

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely violets!
Nature is definitely behind on schedule, so enjoy every sunbeam and start painting again when the sun is hiding!

Cher said...

pouring rain here-sun last seen on Friday, when I had to stay inside all day working! go Clare go on the painting! I need to paint my sewing room this year...yeah...right

YankeeQuilter said...

It is so hard to stay inside and do the things we are supposed to do when the sun finally comes out! Sigh, we've had much needed rain for the past few days...I'm sort of missing the sun.