Wednesday 23 May 2007

Not a Lot of Quilting Going On

The Poppies having been opening up for about a month now and the fields are slowly but surely turning red with them. We have a few in the courtyard and this is a photo I took last year. The farmers are beginning to cut the hay and I hope that our fields will be cut sometime this week. The grass is so tall that Magic won't go through it. Hurts her eyes she says. The temperature today is going to hit 31°C so finally it is pool time. DH has put up the parasol, we are eating more salads than stodge and last night I was sitting under the walnut tree with my glass of wine at 10.30 pm listening to the cicadas and the nightingales and wishing my camera worked! I think I can safely say that summer has, at long last, arrived. This photo was taken some years ago with the original traditional camera. Standing in our courtyard looking through the door to the terrasse. The pool is through the door and on the right. Forgot to say. Its my favourite time of year - Chelsea Flower Show. For those of you without access to the BBC, you can take a virtual tour here. There are some stunning gardens this year. Take a look at the Urban Oasis Garden. Wow! Fancy that in your back yard?

7 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Claire! 31 degrees. It was 7 degrees when I got to work here. Can't remember warm weather now!

That garden was a little impractical! LOL.

YankeeQuilter said...

So much of the Chelsea show is just over-the-top! Heard the interview yesterday of the designer of the "cannibus" garden (really the hemp type of plant but it is getting a lot of interest!)

I saw a few poppies yesterday...it is getting warm here as well! Not pool warm though!

Unknown said...

Wow Clare that hold your cursor and move around gadget is a serious invitation to motion sickness!!!

Juliann in WA said...

I have poppies blooming in my yard too. I just love how that red stands out in your picture.

Magpie Sue said...

That first pic of yours is gorgeous. Glad you had that to fall back on!

Sassenach said...

It's haying season here, too. I won't have a clean kitchen floor again until August.....

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, nice to hear the weather is warming up. I din't post little Maddy's pic as my email wouldn't open it, virus alert, but she is in our prayers, Tracey