Monday 4 September 2006

C'est la Rentrée

The radio switched itself on at 6.30 a.m, the alarms went off all over the house at staggered intervals between 6.45 and 7.00 a.m. Life is back to normal! Alex starts College today. I am sitting here thinking about how she must be feeling seeing more children in 6eme than there were at the ecole primaire. I can remember how frightening I found my first day at senior school. She went off to school without a care in the world, pleased to be seeing her school mates again after a 2 month break, but leaving a worried Mum at home. Don't they just know how to pull at our heart strings. I am sure she will be fine, she always is, but I won't rest easy until I know what sort of day she has had. In the meantime, am on the border for O's and X's which has turned into a very wonky O's and X's. Will upload a photo later on today when I have finished. It looks as if this is going to be one quilt which is going to be finished by the end of the month. Think I could well be making baby quilts my "thing". They are so quick! Speaking of Rentrée, our grapes were picked for the vendange last week. They don't contribute much to the pot, but the vendange must be at least 3 weeks early this year. The experts are saying that this is going to be one of the best ever years.

No comments: