Very annoying it is too to find the seams vary in width from 1/4" to 1/2" to 1/8", even with a 1/4" foot. The foot was jumping all over the place and I could actually see it moving.
The other day I thought I'd have a go trying to adjust the tension to see if that had anything to do with it.
Got out trusted manual as I couldn't remember whether the lower the number, the higher the tension, or vice versa.
When I looked at the illustration I suddenly realised what the problem was.
There is a lovely man on Ebay who sells all sorts of bits and pieces for sewing machines. Accessories and feet which are impossible to get hold of anywhere else, and for less than half the price they are over here. I mean €8, including postage, instead of the €30+ I found one for here in France.
My lovely Singer is now behaving itself and, yes, I did have to adjust the tension, but only slightly.
Continuing with the subject line, I have been trying to get things straight in the sewing room.
After the kitten invasion, there's stuff all over the place. The Old One and The Young One have been using it as a dump room which hasn't gone down to well. However, I got my own back on The Old One.
This box has been hanging around for years so I've found a brilliant use for it
and a nice little storage shelf at the top for bits and pieces. Can't believe I started quilting using those MDF templates. I don't think he's noticed yet, but it had been in the barn for a few years so what's not used is either sold on, or I find a use for it.
Amongst the massive tidying up I found this project which I had forgotten about.
Tidying up has stopped and I'm playing. I'm trying to make the letters pointy like a magican's hat and the "m" for "magic" is definitely pointed and slightly off kilter. I'll show it when I've done some more.
It's raining chats et chiens so back to the sewing room I go.