Friday 2 April 2010

Fiddling about on Friday

No. Not really. Just bored!

I've managed to pick up some sort of eye infection in my left eye and can't sew for long stretches of time so feeling a bit grumpy and out of sorts.

However, before the nasty germ decided to stay at our house, The Old One and I had a "qulting day".  Yup.  I finally let him handle fabric and make a few decisions!

To be honest, I was struggling and needed some help so The Old One was allowed to choose fabrics from the solids bin and act as adviser.

The back of my Liberated Amish quilt - a husband and wife effort!


 with a very proud husband holding it up
(and getting arm ache)


It needs another border - about 4 or 5 inches - round the outside and then we are ready to baste and quilt.  Woo hoo!

Happy Easter everyone.  I know quilters love chocolate, but don't overdo it!

5 comments:

Teodo said...

Clare, I hope that your eye feel better in few days.
BUONA PASQUA (HAPPY EASTER) to you and to your family.
ciao ciao

Joyce said...

I hope your eye feels better soon. The back is just as interesting as the front, as a quilt should be.

Cher said...

great team effort-love it..golden seal herb is excellent for eye wash - email me for more info...

Michele Bilyeu said...

He deserves to be proud. Proud that you asked him, proud that he was a big help, and proud he can even hold up a quilt on a fairly good level of straightness!

If I asked my DH for help, he'd know I finally fell over the edge of my last slevage. He's legally color blind. Sometimes I wonder how he survives with such a crucial gene missing ;)

As for getting the nasty...we've all had discolored eyes at one time or another and weeped and peeped and stuck our lids together, too!

Sending good wishes for a two eyed day, tomorrow!!

OH! That's a TOTALLY awesome back!!!!!

kwilta said...

That is what I would say is a truly liberated quilt - you always seem to get there Claire. Fantastic. Little nod and wink also to your other half. Hope your eye problem is under control.