Sunday, 17 May 2009

Screeech - ing

Not happy with the H. Not toothy enough. I lost the points in the seams. Might unpick that letter and do it again. Strip is 30" long and 8" wide.
We had a houseful of teenagers last night. Now The Young One has gone to a friend's house for the night and I feel as if I haven' t seen her for weeks. What with college, her social life and us acting as a taxi service most weekends, we are lucky if we have 5 minutes of her company and I miss her. I was sent to boarding school at her age and was terribly homesick. I wonder if my Mum missed me as much as I miss T.Y.O? On that note, I'm off to bed. Night Night.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Millie said...

This is looking good Clare, I love the multiple EEE's! I think I agree with you about the H.

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely and very screeeeechy!

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

these are such a blast - very inventive.

YankeeQuilter said...

Very fun and spiky!

belinda said...

WOW...love the 'Screech'...you were sooo creative with the spikes!

....sniff..sniff...I'm feeling your pain about the 'young one'!!

Mal* (turning*turning) said...

Maybe you're not totally happy with the execution, but the idea of vampire teeth on the H is just genius. I can't wait to see it finished.

Cher said...

wonderful letters...I would agree with the H issue..but otherwise these are fabulous!

Magpie Sue said...

Both Screeeech and Licorice Lane are looking good. I see you fixed the 'S'. You had the right idea with the 'H' but I can see why you'd be tempted to do it over.

Re: TYO, I feel your pain ;- )

ROZ said...

Very screechy, and I like that H

The Devil Dog said...

Love it (agree with you on the H) but otherwise it is great. It practically screeches at me.

Marie