Tuesday 31 December 2013

Got the Gees Bend Bug

Long time - no post!

I've been busy doing other things, most of which cannot be shown.

I've also been cutting up shirts, corduroy and denim and once the corduroy was cut up got itchy fingers to start putting a quilt together. Black and pink - yummy!

As most of the pieces were very oddly shaped, I immediately thought Gees Bend.

So here is a record of my progress.

The first 2 blocks


the next 2


and yesterday's progress.


Unfortunately I've now run out of the dark pink and it doesn't look the same with just the pale pink and black so I've sidelined it until I can find some more dark pink.

In the meantime, I've got the denim bin out and am about to start playing with that.

Watch this space!

More soon

5 comments:

Finn said...

Hey Clare,how ya be? Long time no contact, I know...sorry! I've been following your pink/black progress as you post on Yahoo...love what you've been doing. I've doing something similar...only with the weird odds and end(no re-cutting) of my flannel scraps. Working on 15.5 blocks! I'll no doubt post them soon. Happy 2014! Hugs, Finn

Tonya Ricucci said...

really nice, Clare. I love it. do you have any other color of corduroy? How about denim or home dec fabric?

Nifty Quilts said...

It's fabulous! I agree with Tonya. Use whatever you have and keep going--just like the Gee's bend gals did.

joe tulips said...

I love the different pinks. Keep going, but don't worry about what pink you are using!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the shift in pinks . . . happy to see your work!