After yesterday's post, you've probably gathered that I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for various packages to arrive. After I wrote the post, I popped over to Lynne's blog to have a look at her birds. I'm very taken with them.
I got the bins out and started matching fabrics. Fiddled about a bit with some scraps and created this.
There is a lack of contrast with the body and the beak, which is not pointy enough.
I emailed this photo to Lynne asking what she thought and, oh goodness, I didn't realise she had written a tutorial. I just looked at her photo and matched bits up as I went along.
So not bad considering I was winging it!