Tuesday 19 January 2010

L O V E is ..........

.......... the sweetest thing.



So how about spelling it out in red or white letters?

I was thinking of a way of jazzing up the Quilts 4 Leukaemia quilts and came up with this idea.

The next appeal for blocks is Tonya's wonky letters (click here for the tutorials).

Do the whole word (LOVE) in upper or lower case, but DO NOT sew the letters together.  I'll mix the letters up when I make up the quilts.  One word for each quilt so I'm going to need loads!

Don't forget the block size - 8 1/2 inches unfinished so you can do lovely big fat wonky letters.

Are you up for it?




4 comments:

Joyce said...

I am up for it but I'm not sure I can make them that big. Mine usually end up less than 3 inches tall...but I'll give it a try. Do you want red letters on white or vice versa or some of each?

Brenda said...

do I understand you correctly -- you want each letter to be in a 8.5 inch block? not the whole word? I can do small letters easily -- but that big will be a new challenge!

Katjaquilt said...

Do I get it right that you will continue with Quilts 4 Leukaemia?
My understanding was that you will stop after all your blocks are within quilts.
I wait til you reply to questing 2 regarding block size.
Hugs Katja

kwilta said...

This should be fun Clare, loads 'a Red after Christmas