I hope this is not a foretaste of what is to come over the next 3 or 4 months. Brrrr.
Yesterday I got the winter duvets out from storage and put the summer ones away. We lit the wood burner last evening. I do like the first fire of autumn/winter, but after temperatures in the middle 20's over the last few weeks, the sudden change is a bit of a shock to the system!
Still no rain though. Everything is looking parched and brown. The farmers have already started feeding this winter's hay to the cattle as there isn't any grass. We have been on water rationing for months now.
Now is the time to pull the UFO's out of storage and start on some serious catching up, apart from the fact that the light bulb blew in the sewing machine the other day and now I can't see properly, but I did manage to get the borders on Halloween Houses before it blew. It was my fault. The earth wire in the iron was dodgy and when I plugged it into the mains the trip went. Not once, but twice! 30 minutes wasted tracking down a new plug and rewiring the dratted thing. Sigh!
Ok. So Halloween Houses is ready for basting and then quilting. I'm looking forward to the quilting part - lots of fun things to add like skeletons, cobwebs and spooky words.
Well, it's been tied and I'm putting the binding on. Hoping to get it finished this week as I want to start on the next one in the series, Blueberry Fool.
I'm also thinking Redcurrant Fool, Gooseberry Fool and Lemon Curd, but we shall see. Got a few quilts to finish first!