Friday 22 August 2008

In Summer Mode

I really don't know what's happened - just a little bit of tie quilting going on - other than that rien, zilch, nada, nothing!  I suppose its got something to do with the fact that we've been doing a lot of entertaining over the last 2 weeks, with more yet to come.

9th August Summer Bash was brilliant - best one ever.  Lots of food, wine and great company.  Oh and archery!



Just after that D-SD and her partner arrived for a few days.  A lot more alcohol, food and laughs.  Everything went flat after they left on Tuesday.



While they were here we managed to fit in one brocante and 2 vide greniers.  For once we came away empty handed.  These were at Riberac Brocante.



Very 1950's don't you think.  I love the hat stand.




I love the pattern round the base, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it so it was left for someone else.



Now what on earth do you suppose this is for?  I thought sewing leather.  It's in full working order - the stall owner was working the treadle for the onlookers;  a flick of the foot and it was off!  I would have loved to own this, but way out of my price league.


More guests arriving today, more tomorrow and then hoping that Mum and sister Soph will arrive sometime next month.  Keeping everything crossed that they will.  I haven't seen my Mum since July 2007.


On the sewing front, I'm tying Quilt No. 10 and also the Crumbs quilt.  I'm not at all happy with it.  Half is quilted, half is tied and it looks a mess!  I'm going to tie the red border and hope it looks a bit better.


En soleil encore, donc A+

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Sounds like just what summer should be! I took an archery PE class in college and loved it, but haven't done it since. And what amazing antiques! Enjoy your visitors.

Connie W said...

Unusual machines but they would add to anyone's collection. I love them both. Enjoy your visit with your mom.

Teresa said...

WOW..those are some interesting looking machines. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Sounds like you are having so much fun with family and friends -can't get much better than that. I do hope your mom and sis can make the visit.

lisajo said...

Sounds like you are having fun with all of your company! we get inundated with guests in the summer too, but things are finally starting to slow down a bit here. The archery looks like fun...we do that up here too...but never with that many folks shooting at once! :)

Anne Bebbington said...

Clare - I love that little tiny machine - I wouldn't have been able to resist it unless cost was a factor

Love your new photo - so smiley - great to put a face to a name :o)

Anne x

Pippa said...

I've just bought two treadle singer's, one works perfectly and the other needs a bit of restoration, but it's great to sew on :)

Holly said...

Company and sales makes for a great summer. Sounds like you are having fun. The quilts will wait.