This is what I have decided to call Aunt's quilt.
The middle has been quilted and I am now on the border. I am not at all impressed with the Coats & Clark Multicolored thread. I like the effect, but it is not good to sew with. It is too thin, it knots and it breaks.
I've started using it now so I will finish what I started, but never again.
No way is this quilt going to be finished in time. I'll take it with me, but I very much doubt if Aunt will be receiving it this time next week. I'm relieved in a way as it means I can sit back and not rush it, which I have been doing. I was going to cheat and use the backing as the binding. There is so much "stuff" there, as you can see, so I was going to pin the backing round onto the front, using all that bat and making a lovely squidgey binding. I still might. I rather like the effect. DD said it would look like a large and soft picture frame.
I have just discovered that the photo isn't "clickable". I did say I've got a bit of plumbing to do so please be patient while I try to work out how Wordpress works.