Monday 11 September 2006

Weekend Jottings

Lovely friend and her son came to stay for the weekend. Had a great time with loads of chatting, laughing, eating and drinking. Alex and William played Monopoly (French version), mucked about with their Tamagotchi's (yawn) and generally had a great time while chatting non-stop. They were still chatting at 1.00 a.m on Sunday morning! Karen has decided to take up quilting so I have given her a list of quilting sites and blogs to look at. Tonya and Bonnie - she will be heading your way. Funnly enough, they are "in transit" too. Right, onto more topical things. Os ands Xs - quite pleased with this. I am hand quilting for the first time and it is taking a long time to get the stitching even. The batting has crinkled, probably because I didn't have enough pins (they are holding first wonky house together waiting for DD to quilt it!) and my long quilting pins are much too dangerous for this job! I am wondering whether to quilt the sashings a la Tonya's Fans. It will hold it together more, What does anyone else think? Onto Sunburst. I'm pulling fabrics at long last, but think that the stash is not going to provide enough! This is what I have come up with so far. I think that a darker yellow is needed between the bright yellow and the orange, possibly a lighter pink between the orange and the pink and something between the pink and the "brick red". Tonya commented on her Blog the other day about fabric shops/quilt shops in Paris and I was thinking about how she could research this before she gets to Paris. The French version of Yellow Pages is called Pages Jaunes (obvious really!) and they have a really good web site at pagesjaunes.fr, demandez c'est trouvé ! This is the link to the English version. The postal code for Paris centre ville is 75 (most important that) and you are looking for Tissus au metre (detail) or Mercerie, bonneterie (detail). If you have Broadband/ADSL then you can click on the "map" button and see whereabouts the shop is in relation to where you will be living. How I envy you having the whole of Paris on your doorstep to wander about in as you wish. I think you may just be getting a visit in the Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a half yard of fabric you can have for starburst, here it is if you want let me know

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fingers crossed for a meeting in Paris in the spring. Sorry I'm no help right now with the red and white blocks but now I don't even have a machine, let alone fabric. I'm feeling at loose ends, even tho I do still have a project to quilt on. Fan quilting always looks gorgeous in my opinion....

Hedgehog said...

I love Pippa's fabric for a binding for your sunburst!