Sunday 26 March 2006

Invitation

I'm sitting here nursing a badly sprained ankle which is strapped up in an Air Cast and I'm going to be like this for the next 3 weeks so now is my chance to get caught up on the 3rd quilt (see photo of rough plan). A great friend of ours who lives in the main village turned up this afternoon. He is a wood turner and stores the finished articles in our barn. His wife is into quilting too (it was her that really got me going and gave me the design for Alex's quilt). Anyway, he took one look at the design for quilt number 3 and the wall hanging quilt and has asked me to exhibit at the local art show in a few month's time. I'm chuffed to bits so only hope that I can get quilt number 3 finished in time. Now that the clocks have gone forward and the evenings are lighter, I'll be busy out in the garden once my ankle is better. However, 3 weeks of quilting should see it 3/4 of the way there I hope. The French quilts which I have seen are more artistic and exact than mine. I don't care if the seams don't line up and if there is a design fault (which there is on the wall hanging). I only hope that they don't take one look and turn their backs LOL. With any luck I'll be able to persuade Rex to show his walking sticks and Alexandra her cards. The Worthy's are turning into real craft folk! More as and when.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry to hear about the ankle, but congrats on the show invitation. Be happy with your quilts exactly the way they are - they're made with love.